Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fred Thompson is NOT Digging It!

Hmm, since I've signed up for Facebook, I seem to have neglected this blog. My sincere apologies. Actually, I'm addicted to the game Geo Challenge and it's hard enough for me to stop playing in order to go to bed and get to school, let alone publish some blog posts.

Another reason I haven't posted lately is because all of my good stories are either stories about the frustrations of dealing with the deaf ed. teacher at my school or stories that require a listener to actually see me because they involve some kind of signing. A lot of the good stories I have involving the kids require me to actually show what we're talking about and since there is no written form of ASL, I can't type about it.

Most of the people who read this blog know that "Fred Thompson" is the name I use to refer to my downstairs neighbor. He is thusly named because of the little Fred Thompson campaign sticker that was so jauntily displayed on his Impala's bumper for so long. Plus, my neighbor is an older gentleman, so the name fits. Anyway, Fred Thompson just rang my apartment's door bell to ask if the car that was so rudely parked in front of his garage could perhaps belong to any guests that may be visiting. I answered the door even though I was wearing my Care Bears pajama pants because I heard his horn honking repeatedly in the parking area outside our garages and knew that if someone was parked in front of my garage, preventing me from pulling in, I would want people to respond to my ringing of the doorbell. Of course, the Care Bears pajama pants would indicate that I did not, in fact, have guests over, so the car parked outside his garage was not connected to any business concerning my apartment. I did, however, commiserate with him over how ticked I would be if someone had parked in front of my garage.

3 comments:

The Snicklefritz said...

Yikes. Good thing we moved our car when we were over visiting you, Sis. I do not want to invoke the wrath of Fred Thompson.

ASLTerp said...

See?! Didn't I warn you to move the car in case Fred Thompson needed to get in or out of the garage? It's a good thing that you were only temporarily blocking the garage access.

I should mention that even when I spoke with him last night, Fred Thompson has never struck me as being overly grouchy or angry, so readers of the ASLTerp blog, don't come away with the wrong impression of Fred. Had someone parked behind my garage and prevented me from pulling in (or out), I would have been quite ticked.

Amanda said...

I love feisty neighbors, they make life so much more interesting. I also love pajama pants, they make life so much more comfortable. I know it's totally juvenille of me but I would fully support a government mandate that everyone wear pajama pants to work at least 1 day a month. Perhaps invoking a little silliness would turn around the economy!