Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year, New Poll

Well, the new year is here and I have a new poll. I got the idea for this one when I saw a performance of the musical Forever Plaid. One of the numbers is a spoof of the Ed Sullivan show that the Plaids perform (in three minutes and eleven seconds!). Admittedly, I did not understand some of the jokes and references because I've never actually seen an episode of The Ed Sullivan Show, but I did know what some of them were, including The Singing Nun. So, when I heard "Dominique," the idea for the new poll came to me.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Little known trivia: "Dominique" is Gracie's all-time-favorite song.

ASLTerp said...

That's because Gracie wants to be a nun...and have a singing career.

The Snicklefritz said...

I had to go for "The Lonely Goatherd". Although all three are really excellent choices.

Little know fact about "The Lonely Goatherd": My neice got an incredibly adorable goat puppet for Christmas (not from the Snicklefritzes though) that, upon opening its mouth, sings a line from the song. And then the next and the next and the next each time one opens its mouth. Too too cute. Although the neice was a little unsure about it. That and her new "Hokey Pokey" Elmo (also not from us).

ASLTerp said...

I want a "Lonely Goatherd" puppet! I'm so jealous!

Mike said...

I like the yodeling mountain climber so much, I voted for him twice!