Sunday, September 9, 2007

Bedtime

Now that I have a blog, I keep meaning to post more to it, but I'm getting pretty tired tonight, so I don't think I will take the time to type much. I have to work at my ridiculous Hallmark job tomorrow, unfortunately. I'm getting pretty sick of that job; I don't think I'll be there much longer.
Here's a good one for all of you. True Story: A girl in social studies class asked (on Thursday), "Why would people go hunting and kill animals when they could just go to the store and buy their food there?" Let's take into consideration the fact that we are currently discussing the land bridge and the peoples of prehistoric America. Then, let's take into consideration the fact that if you're buying meat at a supermarket, it had to have been killed by someone at some point along the line.
Goodnight.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

There is a serious attempt by grocery stores, in general, to conceal the fact that they are, indeed, selling you the flesh of a dead animal. The meat is shrink wrapped and priced with a barcode in an effort to distance it as far as possible from the slaughterhouse that brought it to you.

That's why the scene in Napoleon Dynamite where Carl, the neighbor, shoots that cow, right in front of a whole bus full of school kids is so, so, hysterical. Those kids recoil, but how many of them love thier steaks? Delicious incongruity--a non sequitur, if you will.

Meat: it's what's for dinner.

ASLTerp said...

"Meat: it's what's for dinner." Hilarious, coming from someone who only eats five ridiculously exclusive kinds of meat. :o)

ASLTerp said...

Oh, and can you imagine the kids faces if they knew that one of the interpreters was eating leftover BBQ PHEASANT for lunch that day? Thirty little faces full of horror.
And what was so retarded (yes, I work in special ed., and yes, I just used the word "retarded") about this girl's question was the fact that we were currently talking about the first people to live in North America. As though it were so easy for those people to hop into their SUV and drive down to the nearest Kroger's.