Monday, September 17, 2007

The Greatest Day the World Has Ever Known

Hmm, it's been a week, so it must be time to update the world as to my latest shenanigans.
Last week our lead interpreter at school had a meeting with our special education coordinator and the SST (don't ask, I don't know what that stands for), basically, our bosses downtown. I don't know what all was on their agenda, but I sent an email to the lead terp with a list of "concerns" concerning the HI teacher at the middle school. Naturally, I presented the concerns in a diplomatic way. I'm hoping this means that the powers that be downtown are now aware that they placed someone in the TOD position who was not properly prepared. Why would you hire someone and then not train them on the use of audiological equipment or how to use interpreters, etc.? Of course, they may now be aware, but that does not mean that they will remedy.
Of course, last week also saw the 27th commemoration of The Greatest Day the World Has Ever Known. If you're in doubt over the validity of claiming September 11, 1980 to be The Greatest Day the World Has Ever Known, ask yourself, "Was my life better before September 11, 1980 or after?" Seriously, I can guarantee your life has improved since that day.

No comments: